index | search | no replies | posting guidelines | help login | register
Index » Products » ASP Report Wizard v2
search this forum:
:: Sending report to DOC using IE :: (9)Post a New Message | Post a Reply
Apr 26 2005, 10:06 PM
 Sending report to DOC using IEPost a Reply
 Goldestates

View this author's profile Send this author a private message Visit author's homepage

since: Mar 27, 2005

Using three different IE installations on three different computers, I pressed the DOC link and got a file not found error. IT works well in firefox. Anyone have an idea what can do to fix this?

Joe

May 1 2005, 10:09 PM
 Re: Sending report to DOC using IEPost a Reply
 Goldestates

View this author's profile Send this author a private message Visit author's homepage

A little help from someone please. Much appreciated.

Joe

May 3 2005, 8:43 AM
 ghost

I'm not sure exactly what is wrong with your IE but I can only make suggestions.
We've had this problem once or twice and I think it had to do with IE's caching. But anyway, make sure you have the latest service packs for windows and IE.
Also make check the Windows Task Manager -> Processes to make sure that MS Word (WINWORD.EXE) is not running silently in the background.

Question: Do you get the same issues when exporting to Excel ?

-------------------------
Ghost
May 4 2005, 12:33 PM
 ghost

Can your browser open any those links below?

- Document 1
- Document 2

Document 1 is an asp file which generates a word document and Document 2 is a plain word document.

If document 2 opens and document 1 doesn't, then most likely your browser does not have access to your temporary folder.

Ghost
May 4 2005, 1:34 PM
 Goldestates

Thanks much. Yes, document2 opens but document1 does not. On my development machine I have WIN XP Pro and have a bunch of temp folders. Which one are you saving to please. Second, ASP is not set to run on my computer and thus the asp file does not work. However, it works fine on my web server. So, I have no idea wich temp file IE uses and an ASP file will not run locally. I tried it on a WIN 98 machine with SP 2 and ll the patches. Same result with document1 and document2.

Thus, I can enable ASP on my XP Pro machine and it should work. However, what about other of my clients who use WIN 98 SP2 clients? Could the report ASP file be saved to another more universal format? Do you know which temp folder is being used?

May 5 2005, 6:13 AM
 whichman

Joe, I just wanted to let you know that we have been working very hard on this problem and should have a solution for you by the next minor release due tomorrow.
One more question... does this happens only for word and excel ?

Master of the Game
May 5 2005, 1:38 PM
 Goldestates

Yes, for sure. I really know that you have and I much appreciate it. Thanks for your hard work. And yes, I get the same error for Excel, XML, and text. Although I can save a report file in either format, I just cannot get it real-time as we have discussed.

I still have not found a fix anywhere, especially on the Microsoft site, for a hidden content.ie5. I have 188MB of stuff in there and need to get rid of it. MS did suggest in one KB resetting a record in the registry which I did and it did not help. The search goes on....

May 6 2005, 12:58 PM
 ghost

I belive this bug has been fixed as of version 2.5.22 published today.

To fix this bug...
- Please download and install the latest version.
- In your source code, before you initialize the connection string,
  the property CreateExportFile to True as shown below:

'Force the dataset exporter to create an export file
    objWiz.CreateExportFile = True

'set any other properties
    objWiz.UsePopUpFilters = True ' etc.

'initialize your connection string
    objWiz.Init(Connection String)

Let me know if this helps.

Ghost
May 6 2005, 4:50 PM
 Goldestates

Many thanks. It works very well. Is there supposed to be a header to define the exported report? IF so this is missing. Otherwise, I can see that someone may want to put their own header on the report. In either event, thatks so much for your support.

Pages: (1)   [1]

search this forum: