index | search | no replies | posting guidelines | help login | register
Index » Products » ASP Report Wizard v2
search this forum:
:: Link to s specified page :: (2)Post a New Message | Post a Reply
Jun 7 2005, 10:12 PM
 Link to s specified pagePost a Reply
 Goldestates

View this author's profile Send this author a private message Visit author's homepage

since: Mar 27, 2005

I think I already know the answer to this but thought it best to bring it up as an feature to more integrate Report Wizard into an application.

It would be nice to be able to link an output field to a page on my website, For example, if I have a report list of clients it would be nice to incorporate the client name in a link to, say, a client edit page. This would require the passing of a parameter to the other page.

Might this be possible in the future? If would be nice to be able to integrate the product more closely with my website. Or, perhaps there already is a way to do this.

Joe

Jun 8 2005, 8:48 AM
 Re: Link to s specified pagePost a Reply
 ghost

View this author's profile Send this author a private message Visit author's homepage

You can use the TextReplacement or InsertHyperlink field formating options to link your report fields to external web pages or other reports. For example, the following  InsertHyperlink  for the Customer table will link the customer name to and external web page. e.g.

edit_customer.asp?cust_id={{CustomerID}}

-------------------------
Ghost
Pages: (1)   [1]

search this forum: