index | search | no replies | posting guidelines | help login | register
Index » News » AspWebSolution News
search this forum:
:: ReportWiz.NET 1.0 & ASP Report Wizard 3.0 Delayed :: (3)Post a Reply
Aug 16 2007, 6:55 AM
 ReportWiz.NET 1.0 & ASP Report Wizard 3.0 Delayed Post a Reply
 whichman

View this author's profile Send this author a private message Visit author's homepage

The Report Wizard .NET (1.0) and the ASP Report Wizard 3.0 have been delayed because of some financial and policy reasons.

I am the creator of the report wizard and will like to let you know that I have been working very hard trying to get the .NET version out.

I still have some patents pending and the Report Builder module still has some issues, but I am hoping at least to release a beta verision of the Report Server Module (landing page for reports) and the Report Module (containing the Grids & Charts) before the end of september 2007 (.NET version only, ASP/COM version later.)

The Builder is a lot more powerfull but we have to maintain its simplicity and extensibility.

Also, we are working on our new site and wiki to help with the launch of ReportWiz.NET.

Thanks for your support & patience.

Tanwani Anyangwe
Chief Software Architect
ASP Web Solution

-------------------------
Master of the Game
Oct 19 2007, 7:40 AM
 Re: ReportWiz.NET 1.0 & ASP Report Wizard 3.0 D...Post a Reply
 scotthibbs

View this author's profile Send this author a private message

What is the current status please?

My users have been waiting to be able to email reports for over a year.  We asked about this a year ago and was told it would be in the pending .NET version.

We are looking for another product to do this function, but would much rather continue with this product.

Jul 22 2009, 11:32 AM
 Re: ReportWiz.NET 1.0 & ASP Report Wizard 3.0 D...Post a Reply
 scotthibbs

View this author's profile Send this author a private message

I guess we can assume at this point that there never will be a .NET version of this product. What's it been?.....3 or 4 years since we were supposed to see a beta?  I check in now and again....hoping that life will come back into this product. It's a good product, but hardly complete.  It lacks the ability to schedule reports...email support....or even simply saving the export to a simple file.

We're considering removing the object from our system because we cannot respond to user requests for better functionality.    

Have you considered licensing the source to allow users to add needed functionality? Clearly, the product is going nowhere as it is.

Pages: (1)   [1]

search this forum: