index | search | no replies | posting guidelines | help login | register
Index » Products » ASP Report Wizard v2
search this forum:
:: Missing hyperlinks after upgrade :: (9)Post a New Message | Post a Reply
Sep 28 2004, 1:59 PM
 Missing hyperlinks after upgradePost a Reply
 scott69

View this author's profile Send this author a private message

Hi, just upgraded to the latest version and the hyperlinks in my summary reports that link to the detail reports have all gone........no big deal as we only have 15 or so, but any ideas what the cause might be?

Thanks.

Sep 28 2004, 2:25 PM
 Re: Missing hyperlinks after upgradePost a Reply
 ghost

View this author's profile Send this author a private message Visit author's homepage

This should not happen but I will check tomorrow...
P/S make sure that you are not referencing a different ReportsFile

-------------------------
Ghost
Sep 29 2004, 8:19 AM
 scott69

We just tried changing the reports to fix the hyperlinks and we get an error message when saving the report that says "Error Occurred! Could not save report"

I guess at this stage we'll need to restore the reports.xml file alonh with the old DLL at least to get working again.
Or do you have alternative suggestions please?

Thanks,

Scott.

Sep 29 2004, 9:35 AM
 ghost

View this author's profile Send this author a private message Visit author's homepage

That error occurs because it could not create an empty ReportsFile.
Below is the format for a blank ReportsFile

<report_wizard version="2">

<groups>

<group id
="" title =" General Reports " />

</groups>

<reports />
</report_wizard>

Ghost
Sep 29 2004, 11:47 AM
 scott69

Er....OK, I'm not too sure what you mean. I don't want to create a blank reports file, just change what is left of the existing ones to what they were.

Sep 29 2004, 12:20 PM
 ghost

We just tried changing the reports to fix the hyperlinks and we get an error message when saving the report that says "Error Occurred! Could not save report"

This error usually occurs because the report wizard cannot write to the reportsFile. Please make sure that this folder has read/write permissions. Also make sure that the reportsFile is not read-only

let me know if this helps

Ghost
Sep 29 2004, 2:33 PM
 scott69

Hi, we did have permissions issues (we sadly outsource IT support) so many others may have access :-(( BUT it has fixed the issue of the report changes not being saved but the hyperlink just does not exist after saving changes to the report. I make the changes by entering "reports.asp?rid=MYREPORTID"  to the field I want to use as a link to the new report. When the report is saved, the hyperlink is just not present....I'm stumped.

Sep 29 2004, 2:40 PM
 scott69

Meanwhile....if we get reports.xml and the dll restored do you think that will get us back to where we were? At least that will get us working, or is there anything else we need to do?

Thanks,

Scott.

Sep 30 2004, 6:52 AM
 ghost

I cannot seem to reproduce this problem.
I just installed the a copy of the report on a blank machine and everything seems to be working fine. The hyperlinks and all other text formats are working fine. I even imported a reportsFile from another computer and all reports with hyperlinks are working fine.

What version/file are you using?

If you put something like this
(default.asp?rid=OD1&orderid=10253&closewin=true)
in the Insert Hyperlink window prompt your link will be present.

Note that the Insert Hyperlink prompt first asks you for the URL Link then the URL caption.

Ghost
Pages: (1)   [1]

search this forum: